Salomon Rondon, the Everton striker, has been told he is free to look for a new club in January after failing to complete a transfer this month to Turkey, according to sources speaking to Football Insider.
The Merseysiders told the 33-year-old he could leave despite Dominic Calvert-injury, Lewin’s this website reported last month (30 August).
Adana Demirspor was one of the Turkish Super Lig clubs interested in signing Rondon, but they were unable to come to an agreement before the transfer deadline on September 8.
Before the break, the Premier League victory over West Ham included the former Newcastle United player for the final minute.
But when Calvert-Lewin returns after the international break, Rondon is likely to fall even farther down the hierarchy.
Because he does not see a role for him before January, manager Frank Lampard has decided to let him go.
In 28 games for the Toffees, Rondon has scored three goals overall. Due to his dismissal against Brentford in the final weeks of the 2021–22 season, he became a target of mockery.
The Venezuelan had only been on the field for four minutes when he tackled Rico Henry with a lunging two-footed move, earning him a red card.
He was consequently barred from participating in the first weekend of the current season.
Rondon rejoined Rafael Benitez at Chinese club Dalian after his loan from Newcastle United ended there.
After that, he relocated to CSKA Moscow until reuniting with Benitez at Everton in August 2021.
After scoring 12 goals in 33 games and winning Newcastle’s Player of the Year title in the 2018–19 season, Rondon is still well-liked on Tyneside.